Monday, November 21, 2016

Blanket and Hat

I'm knitting this thing for my relatives, Rachel and Stephen, my cousins, who are having a new baby, Rylan Wheeler.  It's a girl's name, kind of a mix of things.

I ordered peach colored yarn, but tonight, looking at it, it looks orange.  A prison jumpsuit orange.  But we haven't added the flannel to it yet, so that may be part of the problem.  I can just imagine the looks on their faces as I usher their new baby daughter into the world.  Into the world of incarceration.  Maybe it's just the artificial lights.  One can only hope.

It was pretty easy to do, Dyan's Baby Blanket and Hat.  (I haven't started on the hat yet, a mix-up in needles with LovingKnitty, the company from which I bought the yarn and supplies) from AlterKnits, by Leigh Radford,  a great book full of projects for me to expand upon.

I will post pictures in the morning, the light will be better.  I still have to post pictures with my laptop, whose angle is weird, so you have those to look forward to.  Also I have not mastered the art of not ending my sentences with a preposition.  You'll just have to forgive me.

I did finish this, with my mom's help. It was a blue blanket though and I don't remember if we did the hat as well.  I think we didn't use any paint on it because the paint was too rough.  I may have taken out or threw away the peach blanket part.

No comments:

Post a Comment