Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The Worst Day

I have experienced the worst crafting day ever. 

I cut my flannel fabric into the correct specifications, but it's not fitting the knitted part of the blanket.  So I have to add on fabric.  Cutting and measuring the fabric is a pain because all I have is a flexible fabric tape measure and not any good surface on which to measure it.  It's hard to get a straight edge at all.  I don't have any good cutting scissors, the only sharp ones are embroidery.  The sewing machine has a habit of seizing up and leaving great balls of thread on the underside of the fabric.  I don't want to ruin my fabric, since it is the only piece I have. 

I got more embroidery floss for my cross stitch kit, and I have messed up all over the place.  It is a wreck.  A travesty.  The worst.  There are parts that I've forgotten, things moved up and down and to the right and the left.  Everything is the worst. And I have the problem of not having enough thread to complete the "IS"  in "THIS IS." 

All in all, the worst day in my crafting history.  I don't think there is a worse day.

I still have that crossstitch, my venture into group crossstitching ended in huge embarrassment, while the ladies chatted and crossstitched speedily, fancy stitchings so above my head.  I didn't cross stitch to talk, I cross stitched to piece together missing pieces of my life.  Selling and buying them with random numbers, I counted, heavily breathing, screaming at mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment