Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Holiday Craft Vacuum

I am at the edge.  The edge.  Right on the tongue tip.  You know how you have that feeling.  That... feeling.  That feeling of collecting all your loose ends and then pinching them into profundity.  The profundity of crafts. 

I don't know how to approach this "free time."   Guilty Quiltin', Knaughty Knitting, Bad Beading, Dumb Decoupage, Crazy Crossstich. 

Which is the worst and which will I give up precious computer time to do.  I just want to sit and bask in it's glow.  I don't deserve it.  I do deserve a computer, but the times where I choose to do something I don't want to do are shrinking.  And I'm finding myself having to force myself to do things based on the experience that it's often in my best interests to do what I don't want to do. 

I'm trying to make a big deal about it.  There is no big deal.  Just me and crafts.  I need a camera tho.  It gets awkward trying to....wkw?....(ADD) take pictures with a laptop.  But I've wished for cameras before and got one that didn't make sense at all.  I know, I'm supposed to read the manual.  I am super lazy, when it seems to me that things should be straightforward.  There's a button that takes pictures.  A flash.  a move through the already taken pictures.  Why be more complicated than that?  I admire photographers, but I could never learn to be one. There's something to do with the appature and the length of the camera scope.  Love it, Yeah.  Make sense of it?  Nah. 



Now I'm centered and I can't get off centered.  I just have no respect.  Writing is intense and like I said it helps if things are simple. 

That's my messy craft container.  The muffin tins are for holding beads, there's waterproof fabric in there, skiens of yarn, a tin holding buttons.   A basket holding needles and balls of yarn.  Beading equipment.  A starter kit, and all the beading supplies I bought?  Like $60 dollars.  Not an inexpensive hobby.  Knitting, usually only comes up to $25, but I often have the needles and maybe even the yarn already. 

I have modgepodge somewhere and have thought of decoupaging some wine glasses, but the result was...frankenstienish.  or kindergartenish.  Unsalable, either way. 

I have craft glue.  Laquer, too. 

There's the unfinished crossstitch, that I probably screwed up.  The crossstich lady at
The Stiche Niche on Bowen and Arkansas in Arlington, TX is so nice.  I went to her not knowing what I wanted, and I ended up with a little kit and serged edges and instructions for how to stitch.  She was very helpful and told me I could drop by any time, which I of course didn't. 

A purple scrapbook. 

I have this self vegenace itch that wants to catalog everything in my craft box.   I'm resisting it tho.   so far. 

Cleanly negotiate my way through a tangled craft box.  An attribute I should put on my resume. 


I encourage you to clean out and take pictures of your stache.  God knows we all have one.  That way we can all be a group of crafters. Crafters who actually craft!   Truthfully, this foray into crafting is only something to keep me busy during the 2-5 weeks we have left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment