Friday, December 25, 2015

Rocky Knitting, Broken Needle

Two projects.

5 weeks.

problems will arise.

Plarn.  It's late.  3:11 am.

things are ok.  The bag to hold bags has strange bulges in the knitting.  I keep going, uncertain of the cause.  I count the stitches.   There are more than 20 stitches on each double point needle.  Apparently, The plarn sometimes comes in more than one strip which I simply double up, but when I get around to it, I stitch each strand, making more stitches and making strange bulges.


The hole is in the middle.  It looks like a hole in the fabric of the universe.  The extra dimension.

So I'm at a loss what to do with it.  IT. Didn't follow the pattern I made.

Doing cross stitch.  My needle broke.  Need a new needle.  Have no money.

Ok, I have a substitute.  This needle is bigger but small enough to use.

For the cross stitch:

They have these tiny, tiny green glass seed beads that don't fit any needles, except the ones that are to small to fit any size thread in the eye.  There is also a metal apple which has a hole which is equally as small.

Back to the bag:

And I have no monies.   So cross stitch is out.  Plarn still in.  I have to figure it out.  Decrease some?  Take it out?  I don't care too much about the look of the bag on one hand, but I want it to look decent.  It's like a child.  I don't care if you have mismatched socks, as long as you are fully clothed.  So I want the bag to be a little uniform and I don't like the bulges, but I'll deal with the bulges if it looks like that the whole piece.  It's getting so the stitches are coming off the needles, so no more increases.

Took it all apart and it was cathartic.  I think I'll try doing another project.  This project has tasted my  burn out.  I love the pattern I made and I bet if I had followed the creation, the pattern would have salvaged things.  I believe in that pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment